Nars Sheer Matte Foundation in Vallauris review

Hellos! Last month, I went to the mall in search for a foundation to replace my emptied Chanel Vitalumiere foundation. Initially, I plan to get MAC prolong wear foundation but as I stop by NARS booth, I ended up getting a foundation from NARS instead.

Before I start with the review, let me introduce to you with the product first:
NARS: Sheer Matte Foundation in Vallauris
What it claims:
  • Provides oil-free, soft matte finish and buildable coverage
  • Able to controls shine throughout the day
  • Gives even skin tone and perfect porcelain look
For more information, you may visit this link
Here are my takes for this particular foundation:
Consistency: Creamy liquidity but not runny
Coverage: Low to medium but buildable
Oil-Control: Medium to High (stayed oil-free for 5 hours without a primer!)
Shades: Available in 19 shades (click here for reference) and I got the Vallauris which is Medium with pink undertone
Finish: Matte
Lasting Power: Medium to High (still intact after 4 hours!)
Packaging: Glass bottle with no pump
Availability: All NARS booth
Price: USD 45
Size: 30 ml
What I like about:
  • Help me stayed oil-free and does NOT cake at all (im oily-combo skin)
  • Able to minimize redness and conceal broken capillaries
  • Does not have to set it with a powder as it finishes matte
  • Does not transfer and dries up quick
  • Did not experience any discomfort upon using this product
What I don’t like:
  • No pump included!
  • A bit difficult to blend with brush
  • Expensive
Overall Reviews:
The SA suggested that Vallauris would be a perfect match for me but I think it’s a wee bit dark for me =( Good thing, I was able to balance it out using a lighter shade setting powder.
I like this foundation but NOT to the point of LOVING it. I like it because I don’t have to worry on having a greasy and shiny face anymore. However, still not loving it as the coverage is lacking and it is a challenge to blend and buff with a brush.

Recommendation:
Yes, if your main problem is oiliness then this foundation really helps stay matte for hours!
No, if you have normal/dry skin as this doesn’t work that much of a wonder considering the hefty price tag
Thank you for dropping by ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...