Comparison 101: NARS Laguna VS ELF Sta. Lucia

Hellos! Since I’m feeling hardworking nowadays, hence decided to create a Comparison 101 entries whereas comparing two similar products and determining which really reigns *in my opinion* of course~

First off, let me lay down the two bronzers I have been using these few days for the purpose of this comparison review:
1) NARS Bronzer in Laguna        Price: USD 36
Product Claims:
  • A true brown based bronzer with a gold shimmer
  • Excellent for creating or enhancing the look of healthy, glowing, tanned skin
  • Suitable for all skin type, fills in fine lines and pores
2) ELF Bronzing Powder in Sta.Lucia           Price: USD 3
Product Claims:
  • Accents and Contours cheek bones for beautiful definition
  • Brings glow and subtle shimmer for a healthy bronzed look
 Comparison Table between “NARS Laguna” and ELF Sta. Lucia” 
In Terms of
NARS LAGUNA
ELF BRONZER
I Prefer
Consistency/Quality
Very smooth & fine with NO fallouts
Slightly rough but minimal fall-outs

NARS Laguna

Shade
Light Brown with subtle Gold shimmer
Medium Brown with Gold Shimmers
NARS Laguna
Effect
Face Contouring and Instant Face Slimming Effect; Provide a much Prominent Facial Feature
Contour Face but cannot achieve the Instant Slimming Effect
NARS Laguna
Staying Power
7-9 hours still intact
4-5 hours still intact
NARS Laguna
Packaging
Velvet Compact with Mirror
Plastic Compact with Mirror
NARS Laguna
Price
USD 36
USD 3
ELF Sta.Lucia
Suitability
All Skin type
All Skin type
TIE
Availability
NARS booth/counter Selected Department store
All Drugstore
ELF Sta. Lucia

My mom is not a make-up savvy person, so I made her choose which one does she thinks look nicer and have that “slimmer effect”. PS: She doesn’t know anything about NARS or ELF nor which one is much expensive etc
In Terms
Comment from Mom
Mom’s Take
On Swatches
My mom clearly pointed the NARS Laguna over the ELF Bronzer and the comment she made was the powder look more fine and smooth on my wrist

NARS Laguna shade look better compared to ELF. The comment she made for the ELF is the shade doesn’t look that natural for my skintone
When Applied on Face
My mom said that my features look much prominent and have that slimmer effect instantly on NARS Laguna
My mom comment when I use ELF is it does define my face but not the slimmer kind of way
On Packaging
Velvet packaging wowed my mom’s preference more
She definitely chose NARS packaging over ELF

Some Swatches and Photos for your reference: **click to enlarge**

Overall Takes:
  • I know NARS is way EXPENSIVE than the ELF Bronzer but for those who shares the same dilemma as I do which is ROUND, CHUBBY and FAT face. This would be a great investment and definitely worth the price!
  • Cheat to a more skinnier face using NARS LAGUNA
That’s it for my first post of the Comparison 101 review~
Hope you find it helpful and if there’s anything you wanted me to do a comparison on, please share on the comment below~
I’ll try my best to do them ^_~
Next Comparison 101 would be Maybelline HyperCurl VS AVON Curlacious

Stay tuned on it~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...