Makeup Tools Hauls + Review + FOTD

Hellos! I was wandering around Paseo Center and saw a few booths selling some "stuff" so I went ahead and purchase a few items.
1)    Hello Kitty Brush Set           PHP500 (USD 12)
·         I bought this because I find the brushes so cute and this is my first time seeing a brush ferrule in gun color~
·         The bristles of all the brushes are super soft and does NOT shred even after washing and upon application
·         I can’t say full density, but the brushes does function well enough and the hairs are made of wool
·         Of all the brushes, the one that performs the best is the foundation brush as the density and softness is close to perfect. Easy to apply and does not appear streaky at all.
Rants: I just saw on ebay and a seller was just selling it for PHP250!!!(USD6)
Lesson learned: Canvass first before buying~

2)    FACE it Circle Face Brush               PHP595 (USD14)
·         It claims to work perfectly on all base makeup and is made with 100% high quality synthetic hairs
·         I was a bit disappointed on this brush as the density and softness failed my expectation
·         Density & softness is way below Sigma’s F80
·         I also experience shredding and few hairs got stuck on my face upon application 
Rants: I don’t know why I bought this! This brush is quite expensive so I had HIGH hopes on it, but too bad, it failed my expectation >_<

·         I lost my FS eyelash curler so I opted to try this one as it claims to have “lifetime” warranty and it does look pretty sturdy
·         So far, it curls my lashes quite good but definitely not great 
Rants: The curler performs ok but I still prefer the FS curler as it works much much better and it is cheaper too! >_<
That’s all for the makeup tools hauls! Ending with an FOTD:
BTW, I'm having my 300K Hits International Giveaway HERE:

29 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try that face shop brush, too bad it isn't worth the money, it looked really promising.

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I know how it feels to find out that things you just bought are actually cheaper elsewhere..T__T
    but still for 12$ I think it's a good deal.
    Too bad the circle face brush doesn't work well.. it has similar design and form like the one from shiseido, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does look like the shiseido one but I think it doesn't work like shiseido T__T

      Delete
  3. Sorry the Face It brush was a letdown for you! It looks so much like the Shiseido foundation brush though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it only looks like but too bad it doesn't functions the same T__T~

      Delete
  4. OMG, the hellokitty brush set is quite cheap.
    In Indonesia, it sold for $25 T.T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry the Face it brush didn't work for you dear! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brushes look nice & sorry to hear it didn't work out with that face brush >,<

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the Hello Kitty brushes looks promising and I love the imprinted words on the handles too :)
    And you look lovely as always in your FOTD, love your smile :D


    YURI
    http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeek sorry to hear about the face brush. :< So hard to find a nice set of brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry Janet, that happens to me all the time when I buy things--I always see it for much cheaper on Ebay :( It is a nicely-packaged brush set though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah damn, it's always the face brushes! Can always trust mac or sigma with them though :). Thanks for sharing Janet!

    withlovex0-ploy.blogspot.com

    Ploy <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i dont have a brush set i buy brushes separately =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! The face it brush looks really interesting~~

    Xoxo

    Wow really beautiful pictures!

    Xoxo

    Sakuranko Blog
    My Facebook Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  13. you seriously have the best hauls, I'm always scared to buy makeup brushes without feeling them first, but those brushes look great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill, me too I don't usually buy brushes online as I want to feel and touch the density first~ I wouldn't want ending up with flimsy brushes..T__T

      Delete
  14. Gusto ko next time whole body post! ( demanding ) we should also share fashion tips :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cge, kaso wala akong fashion sense.. Bakya ako manamit eh T__T.. Pero cge next time ishshare ko yun kabakyaan ko..bwwahhaha..^_~

      Delete
    2. You have a pretty face and you put on the right make ups. I doubt talaga you don't dress well. :D Don't be shy! POST POST POST!!!

      Delete
  15. the hello kitty brush set should be much cuter and they should have the kitty head! hehe btw, nice fotd :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adel, agree! why didn't they thought of that~ they should make you the creative director~ ^_~

      Delete
  16. The Hello Kitty brush set looks really nice but such a bummer that ebay has it for such a cheap price. If you add shipping then maybe it's more or less the same price?? Too bad that the Face Shop brush is not that great.

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, I do think so too if I add the shipping I guess its pretty much equals to same price! you made me feel a lot better! ^_~

      Delete
  17. I love this post.You are a great blogger,with huge potential. Do you have facebook fan page?
    If you have time,come to see my blog,I think you will like it,maybe we can follow each other? Let me know :)

    www.liliemarlen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. we have the same Hello Kitty brush set Janet!! i love it so much :) it's so great you had a great deal on it! i wish mine was that price too, but unfortunately not.hehe.

    I would like to invite you to my giveaway:
    $500 FIRMOO GIVEAWAY!
    (sunglasses & prescription glasses)


    hope you have a fab day gorgeous! ~ XO
    Chriissydollxo's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely makeup tools haul! yo're looking fresh and cute there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooo those brushes looks great!

    happy holidays!
    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. so many brushes! envy youuu lol :D cute as always! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  22. Got no awesome brushes like these! Stay pretty! :)

    http://www.lalalapatricia.info/2012/12/i-shop-for-cause.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...