Review on Richenna Bubble Color

Hellos!! Today I’m going to review a brand of a Bubble Hair Dye which is called “Richenna Bubble Color”. I love changing my hair color most of the time so I frequently dye my hair once or twice a month or the moment I notice that I’m forming a pudding head.
My favorite brands for Hair Bubble Color is Palty because it doesn’t have that annoying pungent smell whereas most hair dye has. I also do love Prettia because it has a lot of shades to choose from although the smell is a bit off compared to Palty but I can normally tolerate it.  If you want to read more about my reviews on PALTY and PRETTIA, please HERE, HERE and HERE.

One day I was roaming around Watson and I caught glimpse on the hair dye section and notice this cute packaging that has a brand called “RICHENNA BUBBLE HAIR COLOR”. I was quite happy to saw this brand because I’ve been wishing that our drugstore here would carry bubble hair dye just so I don’t need to buy them online anymore.

First off, RICHENNA BUBBLE HAIR COLOR is a brand from KOREA and made in KOREA. They carry wide range of hair dyes from typical gray coverage hair dyes to this type of fashion bubble hair dyes. If you want to know more about the brand, just click HERE.

RICHENNA BUBBLE HAIR COLOR is priced at PHP350 (around USD8) and is available in ALL WATSONS. They only have 9 shades available at the moment and these are Natural BLACK, Light BROWN, Golden BROWN, Natural BROWN, Red WINE, Beige BROWN, PINK BROWN, ASK BROWN and LIGHT BLONDE.

I bought the LIGHT BROWN because I just wanted to even out the pudding head so I chose the shade closest to my current hair color.

Here’s how the box looks like:

Inside the box contains the following:

1)      #1 Colorant 50g
2)      #2 Developer 50g
3)      An empty pump container for mixing
4)      A pair of gloves and a sheet of cape
5)      Henna Therapy Condition


Main Ingredients


Instructions (click to enlarge)


Outcome of the Shade
Indoor light

Outdoor light

BEFORE


AFTER

So here goes my reviews and impression on this brand:

PROS:
l         Affordable compared to other bubble hair dye
l         Available locally
l         Color seems to payoff really well

CONS:
l         Smell is a bit off (similar to PRETTIA but a bit stronger)
l         I find it quite harsh as I felt a slight sting on the scalp and it made my scalp a bit reddesh (it went away the next day)
l         Limited shades

PRECAUTION:
Please check if you are allergic to any of the mentioned ingredients:


Comparison of the THREE BRANDS: PRETTIA, PALTY and RICHENNA
Brand
PRETTIA/LIESE
PALTY
RICHENNA
Remarks
Packaging
Nice pump bottle that produce foam
No pump container; Stir until foam shows
Nice pump bottle that produce foam
I think all of them are quite easy to use
Price
PHP650
PHP650
PHP350
I did check that Japan sells Prettia and Palty at around 650YEN(approx PHP350) locally
Shades
Around 20 shades
Around 15 shades
9 to 10 shades
I prefer Palty because the shades are more colorful
Accessibility
Online
Online
Drugstore
Some countries do sell them at drugstore too
Lasting Power
3-4 weeks
2-3 weeks
TBD
Prettia definitely last long compared to Palty
Scent
Slight amonia smell with a twist of fruity scent
Fruity Scent
Pungent Smell
I prefer Palty as among the three Palty has the least annoying smell
Quantity
1 box is enough for waist length hair
1 box is enough for shoulder length
1 box is enough for waist length hair
I once use just 1 box for me and my sister both in shoulder length hair
Suitability
Might feel a bit sting
Mild enough
Quite harsh
Palty is the only brand I didn’t experience any discomfort

Till here, hope you guys find this somewhat useful on choosing the suitable brand of Bubble Hair Dye.

47 comments:

  1. Oh thanks for this - my friend went overseas and bought me a box of Richenna bubble dye but I haven't used it yet as it's a dark brown and I want to stay light for a bit longer!
    In your comparison table I noticed you had PALTY/LIESE as one category.... isn't Liese part of Prettia? I normally use Liese to dye my hair haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, yes! Prettia and Liese are the same I edited on the chart already. Thanks for heads-up ^_~

      Delete
  2. wow you look so pretty with that new color :D i wish i had brave heart to dye my hair lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review!
    i really like how the color looks indoor.
    it's a shame it was irritating although it was temporary..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The outdoor color is beautiful! :D
    I've never heard of this brand...I really want to check it out now. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I've never heard of this brand before :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this at Watson's too, ok kaya yung ash brown? Gusto ko na ulit mag change ng hair color. Thanks Janet for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nakita ko din yun ash brown, yun nga dapat itry ko pero feel ko it would make my hair a bit darker to I chose the Light brown instead..hehe ~ Malamang oki din yun ^_~

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty color! Sorry to hear it was a bit too harsh but at least it was very affordable. I still have yet to try a bubble dye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought the one in Golden Blonde. Sooo weird 'cause when I used it, it didn't look like a golden blonde at all. It was more like a golden brown on me (which is my current hair color) so parang walang nangyari. >.<

    But yours look good! I might try their light blonde soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sana pwede ko din idye angh hair ko. napakathin ng strands ko and very prone sa split ends kaya im not aloud to use hair dye. So pretty on you sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. u look good with the color! i think you suits both color the old hair and the new one ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow it brightens your hair pretty well! i like the color on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this reminds me of etude house bubble hair coloring :)

    Love, Dress Me Up Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha I always have pudding head these days! so hard to upkeep the hair dying. the hair color you chose is so cool, I love the red tone!

    ReplyDelete
  14. promise, it looks really great on you :) puti2 mu kasi eh :>
    btw, i'm a new follower! :) You are awesome, keep it up! Looking forward for your new posts. and hoping you'll check and follow my blog too :)

    http://geekindapiink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol that's so funny cuz I thought palty smells horrible XD I like your new color :) looks really nice. At first I thought you dyed your hair purple brown but I realized the color scheme seems to be a bit off on iPad O_O

    ReplyDelete
  16. i saw this from our department store. i'm a bit hesitant to get it. good thing i didn't. im a bit sensitive when it comes to hair colors. i might go to the salon by next week to get my hair done :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks cute. And same as MissKatV, abit hesitant to get it when I first saw it! But great review! Haven't tried Palty foam dye yet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Janet!
    Thanks for following my blog! You really made my day! I'm glad you liked it! Yep, the Pure Beauty Cleansers are amazing, thou I like more the watery one. Hmmm, I haven't tried any expensive hair color yet at home, but I do try it once at Salon, thou it actually fades too fast :(. The Richenna looks good! I love your hair color. I can't color my hair again kasi nagparebong lang ako last July :( Thanks and have a great day! - Pretty Thrifty

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohh Korena hair dye sounds interesting! So useful to have a comparasion chart too! My hair always looks horrible with home hair dyes (learned the hard way lol) but you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds really interesting! I've only dyed my hair once in my life and it was from some American brand :p Bad experience! I think these Asian ones should be better coloring :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds really interesting.. I want to try to dye my hair again this December but I can't decide which product to use.. maybe I'll try this one if I find one ^^,

    Much Love!

    xx Alice
    www.photoescape06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the colour on you! Though i doubt I would be able to use this, my scalp is so sensitive! Think I might skip this one...

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such an in-depth review. The hair colour looks so good on you. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love it! im surprised by how diff the hair color is depending on the lighting but am so happy that you got such a vibrant red! it looks really nice on you
    D:

    ReplyDelete
  25. The color looks really good on you! I like the end results!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! is this safe for rebonded hair? kakarebond ko lang 3 mos ago..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, I'm not so sure but the ingredient did react quite harsh on my scalp. I would suggest give it another 3 months to rest tsaka mu itry ito para naman at least mejo wala na yun gamot galing rebond. Hope this helps =)

      Delete
  27. Hi Janet, I already colored my hair with Richenna Golden Blonde :D Here's the result ^_^

    http://kittykittiekath.blogspot.com/2012/11/richenna-bubble-hair-color-in-golden.html

    Thanks for making this very comprehensive review :)))

    Kath
    kittykittiekath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. i bought this item in red wine color, i love red...kaso when i saw ur hair color it so pretty . nice blog janet thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Where do you buy the Pretia? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Replies
    1. hi dear, it would stay for around 1 month and color will start to fade on the second month.

      Delete
  31. What if you try and leave it for more than 30 minutes? Say, 3 hours? o.O
    I'm a cheapskate, I usually buy the tigbe-bente stuff na tinitinda sa palengke. Nakakita pa nga ko ng tig-10 pesos sa may palengke ng Kalentong eh. Haha. For those cheap hair dyes, I usually leave it on my hair for like 5-6 hours, at bongga talaga ang result nya. Vibrant na vibrant. And for some really weird reasons I can't even fathom, it didn't do much damage to my hair o.O. Parang wala lang. Astig noh. Pang-mahirap kasi ang buhok ko thank God, pati mga make-ups and sh!t kiber lang ang fez ko. Haha. But I'll try this Richenna thing, leave it on for 3-4 hours siguro (I'm hoping this wouldn't damage my hair as well because I read that it's ammonia-free)and see how it goes.

    Am not sure if it would even post but yeah. Thanks for the review :)

    Oh, and also, I think they have this Orangey thingy available na. Parang carrot-orange ba yun or something. But I'm torn between the red and orange. Will probably try orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if its okay to leave it more than the stated duration. Mejo ma-arts kasi yun scalp ko, nangangati at nagrered kung matagal kong iniwan. There was one time I used REVLON, yun sosyal na yun ah, but end up having scalp allergies! I guess indi porke mahal may quality and kung cheap panget quality. I think it all depends sa hiyangan. Ang swerte mu kasi hiyang sayo on all products. I, too would rather try a cheaper alternative kung hindi lang sensitive and scalp and fez ko =( Yes, they do have the orangey and red one! I'm betting on the red more! Hope you get to try it na ^_~

      Delete
  32. how many box did you get? what if you have long hair, like up to the chest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only need one box and my hair is up to waist =)

      Delete
  33. What hair dye (and what shade) did you use before this? Haha, I love the color in the "before" photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot the exact shade but I am pretty sure I used Palty Hair dye as for the color probably chiffon brown =) Hope this helps =)

      Delete
  34. ok din kaya yung Natural brown?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi dear, i haven't tried the nat. Brown but the ash brown is quite nice ;) i think ash brown is much nicer shade compared to the light brown.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi, nice review.

    I colored my hair with wine red pero parang walang nangyari so baka may mali ako nagawa hehe. Tsaka parang hindi kasi siya masyado foaming noon ginamit ko hindi talaga ma bubbles :( Feeling ko madami na ko nilagay so I stopped na dapat pala inubos ko lang lahat, I have long hair din kasi. Oh well first time kasi that I colored my hair sa house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not satisfied with the result, how long do I have to wait to dye my hair again?
      Is it ok to dye it again after a week? :D‎

      Delete
    2. Do wait at least 2 weeks just to give your scalp enough rest before applying another batch of "chemicals" =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...