Skincare Reviews: GlutaMax, St.Ives, Celeteque, Egyptian Magic Cream

Random drugstore skincare products mostly for lightening, whitening and acne prone skin. 
If you want to know more about the product just click on the product name

·         The moment I open the jar, aargh the scent just blast out and mind you it’s not a decent smell at all. The smell is really annoying and quite strong; scent is similar to a cheap perfume!
·         The consistency is pretty thick, sticky at first but once I applied on my skin it blends well and sink into my skin
·         Whitening wise? I would say YES! Despite the eeeky smell, I would still say this product works! But it’s not an overnight wonder!  I notice improvement around 1-2 weeks of continuous usage. The dark spots on my cheeks has lightens quite a bit and I’m pretty happy with the results!
Recommend & Buy Again?
·         Of course! It’s really effective in lightening dark spots /pigmentation
·         I would recommend this to those who is in need of evening out their skin tone or has problems on dark spots (yours truly!)

·         The beads is kinda rough and might hurt sensitive skin
·         It does exfoliate quite well considering the roughness of the beads!! >_<
·         Healing of Acne?- Nah! I’m not that sold with its healing properties! I would say the oil control is pretty good, exfoliate effectively and cleanses skin thoroughly
·         Despite the rough beads, my skin tends to stay moisturize and not dried out so that’s definitely a pro for me~

Recommend & Buy Again?
·         I would recommend this to those who have extremely oily skin as the oil control is quite good~
·         I would probably not buy again as it really didn’t WOW me much, it’s simply an ordinary scrub that doesn’t dries out my skin

·         The consistency is in transparent gel and does NOT lather and foam up at all which kind of reminds me with the Belo Cleanser
·         The smell is similar to a MINT toothpaste, not similar but exactly smell like a EACULYPTUS flavored toothpaste (maybe because the ingredients is herbal thingy?)
·         Whitening Wise? Nah! I finished the entire tube no whitening or brightening effect at all and it doesn’t even cleanse skin that thoroughly! What’s the use of a cleanser if it doesn’t cleanse at all? Sheeesh!

Recommend & Buy Again?
·         No please, if you see this just skip it so that you won’t waste your money! hehe~

4)    Celeteque: Dark Spot Corrector
My Reviews:
·         Consistency is in whitish gel, not greasy or sticky so it’s totally easy to apply to skin
·         Brightening wise? Hmmm, I just use this in 1 week so far haven’t notice any brightening or improvement of skin.

Recommend & Buy Again?
·         Still under probation! Haha! But it’s a worth a try! Will update once I finish the entire tube ^_~

·         Consistency is in super duper light watery gel and once applied to skin it sinks in immediately
·         Skin felt super smooth after application
·         No unpleasant smell or irratation encountered
·         Whitening Wise? Oh! Yes! I did notice that my skin has become brighter and clarity has improved.

Recommend & Buy Again?
·         Yes and I would recommend to those who hate thick serum as this is really light and sinks in to skin immediately

·         Consistency is thick and oily similar to a lard very oily but once you work on it,  it doesn’t feel heavy or oily at all
·         Once applied skin look really silky  and felt so smooth
·         I really would have to disagree on the “all purpose healing”, it doesn’t heal my rashes, redness or acnes at all. But it does moisturize well enough, so if you have dry flaky skin you might find wonder on this product otherwise I really don’t see any magic on this cream at all.
Recommend & Buy Again?
·         No, I really don’t think it’s worth the hype at all.

·         Consistency is in thick cream foam that contains tiny beads that helps exfoliate skin gently
·         It gives you squeaky clean feeling after every wash
·         Brightening Effect? Nah, did not notice any brightening at all

Recommend & Buy Again?
·         No, it works just like an ordinary cleanser, nothing more.


l         Consistency is in runny gel form, doesn't lather or foam
l          I don’t really agree on its name becase it doesn’t exfoliate at all!
l          Feels minty cool after every wash
l         Prevent blemishes? Not at all! It doesn’t even cleanse well >_<

Recommend & Buy Again?
·         No,despite it having Tea Tree ingredients I don't really think its a nice cleanser because it doesn't even perform cleansing thoroughly 
                                                
                                              Ending it with an OOTD of my bald niece, lolz! hehhee~

 

36 comments:

  1. oh your niece is so cute! >.<
    and you bought a lot of skincare O__O your skin must be really good! I really should invest more on skincare T.T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your niece is sosososo cute! XDDD
    Ahhh!!! Thank you for this helpful post!!! >_< I have a ton of acne scars from last month's breakout and have been trying to lighten them up as soon as possible..I will definitely check out the cream and the serum! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do let us know how the dark spot corrector performs. I've been on the lookout for one of these products but worried they won't work.
    That's a shame Egyptian Magic didn't work out. To be honest I always thought it looked like a tub of vaseline lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow dear.. i love the way you review each item.. pa-add naman po ng price =) for referral lang hihi =) thanks dear..

    cute little girl there.. hi darling =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis, thanks for your kind words!=) Amnesia strike me as I forgot most of the prices but most of them are below PHP150 except for the sample jar of Eyptian magic cream that retails PHP195! that doesn't work naman..hayzz, I just wasted PHP195 for nothing..=( My niece just turn one year old but she likes bag and shoes already! mygawd!! are kids like that nowadays?!! hehe~

      Delete
  5. Awesome review! I'm curious to see how the dark spot corrector works out for you in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing picks. I just posted about this St. Ives Scrub in my last post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh I want to get the lightening face cream now that you mentioned that it works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when Egyptian Magic was really popular amongst the beauty community and I was interested to try it. Having read your review - I'll give it a miss!

    The dark spot corrector looks interesting! I have used the Estee Lauder spot corrector but didn't end up using it long enough to see results hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting whitening products! Hehehehehe! But mostly I haven't seen them before! >_< Always love your review tho! Teehee and your niece is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, very informative! Love your blog.
    would you like to follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this Janet! The dark spot corrector sounds really interesting, and looks like just the product I've been looking for to correct all the sunspots on my cheek areas. I hope you start seeing some results soon! I've never bothered with cleansers that claim to whiten your skin - it just doesn't seem like they would work, since the cleanser is only on your face for all of 2 minutes before you wash it off. I've bought the St.Ives scrub before in the past, but I've stopped using it because the granules in it are too sharp and rough on my skin. I read somewhere that they could cause microtears on your skin because the edges aren't smooth. That might be something you want to consider before repurchasing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info Rinny! I think I won't repurchase St.Ives anymore as the granules are really not suitable especially for sensitive skin like me..~

      Delete
  12. Such helpful reviews! What a bummer that some had unpleasant scents and didn't really wow you. I find that's how it is sometimes with skin care products though, you just don't know until you try for yourself. I find the St. Ives beads to be rough too but everyone loves the green tea scrub (have you tried that one?). Glad the Ardent serum worked well for you though, and that's a cute OOTD pic of your niece!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the review on the Egyption Magic Cream! I've heard so much about it but never bought it cause it's a bit pricey to get here =( But if all it does is moisturize then it's not worth the price, might as well slap vaseline on me LOL Not that I have dry skin anyways =S

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! San po na binili yung oxy perfect wash.? I want to try it too☺. Hndi mo nba gngamit yung garnier pure active.? And yung aztec ? Effective yung murad concealer kso pricey mashado pra sa everyday mong gmit. Ang bilis maubos eh haha. Cant wait po sa bgo mong skincare routine ms. Janet. Thank you po.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot the shop name but its a Japanese shop located in UG RP Manila, besides DeliFrance =) Since iba na kasi weather, hindi ganun ka-init so I change my cleanser na. But I still use Aztec everyday for spot treatment~ Thanks for dropping by ^_^~

      Delete
  15. hi miss janet, i was like reading alot of your blogs,and i just want to know if the glutamax lightnening cream is available at watson or any drug store. coz i can't find any other products that lightens my dark spots. thanks ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear! yes, its available at Watson and Mercury ^_~ Thanks so much for dropping by =)

      Delete
  16. hi san po pde makabili ng Ardent: Gluta-C intense whitening Facial Serum Night Repair Whitening Concentrate? meron ba sa mercury or watsons nito? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, @ Watson's and Mercury =) Hope this helps.~

      Delete
  17. mam janet ! can i ask something. effective po kaya if after moizturizer (glutamax) ung serum po kasunod? (gluta-c)

    last question po kung nag spot treatment po ako after po ba ng serum? :)

    thanks !
    Godbless :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi dear! I'm not so sure kasi hindi ko pa cya nasabay gamitin. But you could try testing it muna then see how your skin reacts =) Either way is okay, freestyle kumabaga..hehe..^_~

      Delete
  18. Hey janet? i need you immediate review for the dark spot corrector. Is it effective?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear,
      I've finished the entire tube but sad to say it doesn't work..=(

      Delete
  19. hello po, hindi po ba kayo ng.break out nung gnamit nyo yung glutamax cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi dear, hindi naman ako nagbreakout nun ginamat ko yun glutamax cream..

      Delete
  20. Hi Janet, how about Gluta-C serum, did it break you out? I'm tempted to try...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @redshoetraveller: so far I didn't experience any breakouts but it still depend on own skin type and condition. Hope this helps =)

      Delete
  21. hi. which one can u recomend? the glutamax or the celeteque? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glutamax for me but beware of the weird scent. As for the celeteque, doesn't work on me..Hope this helps =)

      Delete
  22. Tempted to buy Glutamax and Ardent because of this review! I also have pimple marks on both sides of my cheeks too. Hoping this product would help. :)

    http://ofloveandsmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. how to use the gluta max corrector? all over the face? or on the dark spot only?? thank you so much miss janet. =)problma q dn tlga pimples.. at 4 yrs na pbalikbalik.
    kakainis.hehe.. nag buy aq cetaphil cleanser, eskinol (oily) at yoko na acne cream spot. ttry q ngyn ung 1st day q.haha sana umepek! haha thank you sau q din kc to nkuha kya na review mo kaya trny q. nice blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi dear, hindi ko pa na-try yun gluta max corrector. Pero na-try ko yun lightening cream nila so far ok naman, yun nga lang yun amoy mejo weird, tsaka inaaply ko lang cya sa dark spots. As for the Yoko, goodluck sana it would work on you din! Update mu lang ako sa skin mu ^_~

      Delete
  24. This is very interesting post..and nice review about this article..this is looking awesome..You doing great job..thanks for sharing here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...